Colors - Our attitudes and emotions.
When our eyes take in a color, they communicate with a region of the brain known as the hypothalamus, which sends a cascade of signals to the pituitary gland, on to the endocrine system, and then to the thyroid glands. The thyroid glands signal the release of hormones, which cause fluctuation in mood, emotion, and behavior.
Using the Right Color in the Right Way
Color is a tricky thing. You have to use it in the right way, at the right time, with the right audience, and for the right purpose.
1. Women don’t like gray, orange and brown. They like blue, purple, and green.
2. Men don’t like purple, orange, Pink and brown. Men like blue, green, and black.
3. Use blue to cultivate user’s trust - Blue is one of the most used colors, a lot of people like blue.
4. Yellow is for warnings, at the same time Brands use yellow to show that they are fun and friendly.
5. Green is ideal for environmental and outdoor products.The color of outdoors, eco-friendly, nature, and the environment.
5. Orange is a fun color that can create a sense of haste or impulse. The positive side of orange is that it can be used as the “fun” color. orange helps to “stimulate physical activity, competition, and confidence.” This may be why orange is used heavily by sports teams and children’s products.
6. Black adds a sense of luxury and value. Black can also be seen as a luxurious color. Black, when used correctly can communicate glamour, sophistication, exclusivity, elegance, sophistication and power.
7. Use bright primary colors for your call to action.
8. Don’t neglect white. White is often forgotten, because its primary use is as a background color. Most well-designed websites today use plenty of white space in order to create a sense of freedom, spaciousness, and breathability.
The more freedom you have in your color scheme, the better. Test several colors.