MadWolf Office 365 Exchange Migration
Expected Completion: July 4, 2019
All MadWolf mailboxes will be migrated to Exchange online, with a tentative target of July 4th.
What does this mean?
Currently, some adWolf email accounts are already in Office 365, since August of last year. The same process for moving all other users mailboxes by way of the hybrid configuration setup on our mail server MADMAIL1 will be leveraged to move all 25 remaining user mailboxes on premise to Office 365. The three shared mailboxes will be converted to regular user mailboxes, migrated last and then converted back to shared mailboxes (permissions will remain intact for all mailbox moves).
ConnectWise Calendar Sync will be reconfigured to sync Exchange online calendars.
- Users migrated to Exchange online that have used https://webmail.madwolf.com/owa in the past going forward need to use https://portal.office.com to get to Outlook Web App in Office 365
- Users will need to create a new Exchange activesync connection on their smartphones (I recommend downloading and installing from Google Play or App store for iPhones the Outlook app for easy installation and configuration using email address and password currently used for logging into MadWolf’s M$ Active Directory). For those that wish to continue to use the built-in mail app, I have attached documentation with step by step instructions on how to build a new Exchange ActiveSync account for Office 365 Exchange online for both Android and Apple devices. I don’t anticipate anyone from the Tech Team needing support in doing this (don’t be the one that does), but for admin staff unable to successfully get their devices setup, the Tech Team will assist as needed
- All users migrated will have access to OneDrive for Business (not required to be used)
- All users migrated will have full functionality of Microsoft Teams
- Availability to install Microsoft Office Pro Plus for Office 365 on up to 5 devices (not required, but the option is available)
Steve is handling confirmation of our Carbonite O365 backup that Mark has rolled out for us in the past few weeks. Once he gets back to Nelson with a green light, we will schedule migration batches to begin at 12:00am on 7/4. Consider 7/5 as “Fix it Friday” if/as needed.
This has been a long time coming. We’re finally here.
PLEASE DO NOT MAKE ANY CHANGES TO YOUR SMARTPHONES BEFORE 5PM ON JULY 4TH.
All mailboxes should be moved by then unless there’s an issue with corruption in a mailbox (we had that problem with a couple of PAC users last year when they were migrated).